Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gay Marriage and other alternate marriages

I heard something absolutely amazing today. I heard that polygamy causes issues. I am assuming emotional issues.  Basically we should not have polygamy because it will harm society. If a man has ten wives then there are nine young men who won't be able to find a wife to marry. I think she is unaware of the slightly higher number of marriageable women than men.

Can the arguments against polygamy and bigamy get any more ... "Gay?"

I believe that bigamy, polygamy and gay marriage are wrong. I also believe that it is wrong for our government to deny consenting adults to enter into legal partnerships because people like me are bigoted and morally restrictive.

The Fourteenth amendment grants "Equal Protection" under the law.  Unless someone can prove that a particular situation or relationship(s) are inherently harmful to society and individuals then under the Constitution they should not be banned. I can see cigarettes and alcohol banned from women who could potentially get pregnant before determining that every single relationship of a certain type is harmful. That isn't a road any one should desire.

To say that these other relationships that I believe to be immoral are harmful...

I remember hearing that homosexuality was an illness a mental illness that needed to be healed sometimes with barbaric and ultimately futile treatments. I have heard that gay parents are harmful to the children exposed to gay relationships. I have heard that it turns the kids gay.

I have heard lots of stuff that is total crap expressed as an absolute given that any reasonable person would have to accept as the absolute truth. Now that it looks like we will be getting legal marriages between consenting homosexuals I find it absolutely laughable (but not in a good way) that now proponents of Gay Marriage want to use the same half truths and lies that were used against homosexuals to marginalize them being used because they want to refute and refuse marriage to other people who would quite naturally want to get their lifestyles approved and legalized too.

1 comment:

  1. I had a nice long comment about how I would love to have a few extra wives in my marriage so they could do the cleaning and I could do the laundry, BUT the darn machine cleared it away. In the end I said I wasn't into sharing the spouse so plural marriage was out for me. And I said I needed my own live in Alice, like in the Brady Bunch.

    ReplyDelete