Saturday, July 3, 2010

I am an Anti-Republican. When responding to questions about "personal" values I consistently end up right of center.

At the same time I believe that government should be run by people who want to help everyone or at least help as many as possible of the people that elected them to office. The Republican party does not seem to have a clue about what representative government is about. They, and by they I mean the leadership within that party, will vote in lockstep for whatever the party platform of the moment happens to be. They will do so no matter how many of their constituents they hurt. They make ridiculous analogies (come on now, the current financial crises is an ant, and the watered down legislation being brought to correct the current financial excess is a Nuclear weapon), they tell out right falsehoods (President Obama is a Racist because he hates "White" people this week and "Black" people the next. Pick a color for him to hate and "conservatively" stick to it.)

Many may make the argument that others do so as well. That is true, but I am not aware of those others as a general rule claiming to be on God's side then doing just the opposite of what Jesus would do or say.

This is why when I vote I always look to see if a Republican is running and if they are opposed by any other party. Which usually means the Democratic party. I then vote for whoever is opposing the Republican. If a Republican is not running in a race I skip that office.

No comments:

Post a Comment